TruDesign BALL VALVE Composite BSP Packaged Black
Designed and made in New Zealand for use in marine applications above and below the water line, our Ball Valves Compositely to IMCI to ISO standard 9093-2, and are ideal for controlling inlet and outlet water requirements.
The body of the Ball Valve is manufactured in glass reinforced nylon Composite with high impact and tensile strength resulting in a light weight unit, free from corrosion and electrolysis issues. The ball and sealing rings utilise a PTFE polymer to ensure a smooth action, and continuous ease of operation over many years. The Ball Valve is available in BSP thread forms and can be locked in the closed position for use on toilet waste outlets.
• Glass reinforced nylon Composite construction – light weight and high strength
• Corrosion resistance – long life, minimal maintenance
• Electrically non conductive – no electrical bonding, suitable for use on all hull types – aluminium, steel, wood or FRP hulls
• UV resistant – will not break down in the sun
• Large operating temperature range: -40° to 80°C (-40° to 176°F)
• PTFE enhanced sealing and sliding elements – reduced friction for easy operation, reduction in blockages due to fouling
• High quality – Quality materials from accredited suppliers, standards approved through IMCI to ISO standard 9093-2, every Ball Valve is leak tested during manufacture
• Removeable handle – aids installation in confined spaces. A T handle for smaller spaces is also available
The connecting threads on each end of the Ball Valves, along with all of Tru Design’s products, are a parallel thread form. Parallel thread connections provide far greater strength than tapered ones do and since waterproof sealing is achieved through the application of thread sealant before fitting, parallel threads allow positioning of Components anywhere from 0 to 360° to one another – useful for orienting handles so they are easy to access. Mixing parallel and tapered threads can cause strength and sealing problems as the engagement is usually only a few turns therefore should never be used in marine applications.
• Ball Valves are available in BSP (British Standard Pipe) or, under special order, NPS (National Pipe Straight/American National Pipe)
Please note: These products come singularly packaged
138600 Internal Diameter 19mm 3/4″, Thread Size 1/2″, Weight 300g 10.6 oz. Length 103mm, Width 61mm, Height 87mm, Handle Radius 93mm 90548 BSP
138602 Internal Diameter 19mm 3/4″, Thread Size 3/4″, Weight 300g 10.6 oz. Length 103mm, Width 61mm, Height 87mm, Handle Radius 93mm 90549 BSP
138604 Internal Diameter 19mm 3/4″, Thread Size 1″, Weight 300g 10.6 oz. Length 103mm, Width 61mm, Height 87mm, Handle Radius 93mm 90550 BSP
138605 Internal Diameter 32mm 1 1/4″, Thread Size 1 1/4″, 450g / 15.9oz. Length 169mm, Width 72mm, Height 102mm, Handle Radius 108mm 90551 BSP
138606 Internal Diameter 32mm 1 1/4″, Thread Size 1 1/2″, 450g / 15.9oz. Length 169mm, Width 72mm, Height 102mm, Handle Radius 108mm 90552 BSP
138607 Internal Diameter 52mm 2″, Thread Size 2″, 700g / 24.7oz. Length 178mm, Width 95mm, Height 125mm, Handle Radius 108mm 90553 BSP
Weights are the unpackaged parts – shipping weights include packaging.
Our parts come in packages and TruDesign also has a different part number for the part unpackaged.
The unpackaged equivalent of the above parts are:
Packaged – Unpackaged
90548 90471 1/2″
90549 90276 3/4″
90550 90242 1″
90551 90240 1 1/4″
90552 90235 1 1/2″
90553 90472 2″