Rule-Mate Automatic Bilge Pump 500 GPH 12 Volt – New Design RM500B-24
Rule-Mate fully automatic submersible bilge pumps with new innovative design incorporates the bilge pump and water sensor in a single housing. RuleMate bilge pumps provide ultimate pumping performance, which helps keep your bilge clear of nuisance water, building on the genuine Rule design.
The new RuleMate bilge pumps operate using an internal level sensor. When water reaches 2″ (5cm), the pump will automatically activate, removing water from the bilge. When the water level reaches 3/8″ (0.9cm) the pump will turn off until the water level rises again.
Bilges are not always clean and free from debris. If the level sensor becomes fouled by debris or contaminated water, RuleMate’s unique back up feature will prevent the pump from entering a run-on condition, protecting the battery while maintaining automatic operation.
- Fully automatic submersible bilge pump systems.
- Higher Flow — 500 GPH pump with optimized impeller to provide up to 10% more flow at the same amperage
- Auto Sense Intelligence — integral water level sensor controls the pump automatically
- Back Up Feature — prevents continuous running if sensor is fouled by debris, pump reverts to 2.5 minute cycle mode
- Smaller Footprint — new RuleMate is 2/3 the size of existing model
- Built-In Thermal Cut-Off (TCO) — provides added protection for pump and vessel
- Back Flow Prevention — reduces the amount of water left over in the bilge, reducing odour and helping keep your bilge cleaner
- Hidden Air Vents in the Body — helps prevent air locking in challenging plumbing installations and helps with the check valve
- Threaded Discharge — easier installation, easier maintenance
- Bilge water sensor and pump in a common housing.
- Removable strainer and impeller area are accessible to clear debris.
- Pump and switch are internally wired for easy installation.
- A 3rd wire allows for manual over-ride using Rule switch panel or it can activate an alarm or indicator lamp.
- Thermal overload protection.
- Available in tree different capacities 500, 800, 1100 gallons per hour.
Rule-Mate 500 Automatic Bilge Pump – 24 volt RM500B
- Capacity: 500 GPH – 31 Litres per minute
- Voltage: 24 Volts – 1 amp draw @ 24V 1.2 amp draw @ 27.2V
- Fuse 2 amp
- Size: 129 (L) x 112 (H) x 73 (W) mm
- Hose ID: 3/4″ 19mm
- Hose outlet: suits 20mm hose
- Weight .5kgs (packaging extra)
3 Limited Warranty (PDF) Rulemate bilge pump instructions
Not for use in rainwater tanks or basements. Pumping silty water will ruin the pump and voids warranty
No Float Switch Required. The Rule Mate series of Bilge pumps feature a solid state water sensing technology that eliminates the need for a separate float switch. When water enters the bilge and reaches a certain height 50mm (2 “) a sensor turns the pump on. After the water is pumped out, another sensor shuts the pump off. The sensor’s unique “field effect” technology is eco-friendly because they only sense the dielectric constant of water. In the event of an on-board oil spill, straight motor oil that enters the bilge will not turn the pump on. Please note, that not an oil overspill system or a safety measure device. The result is the most technically advanced and ecofriendly bilge pump available in the marketplace. It’s part of Rule’s continuing commitment to preserving our navigable waterways. Rule has been building bilge pumps for 40 years. The pumps are preferred by yachtsmen and commercial fishermen the world over.