White Multi-purpose Silicone Grease – 150 Grams
Silicone Grease is a multi-purpose industrial lubricant with excellent dielectric properties, moisture and oxidisation resistance. It will withstand temperatures within the range -40° C to around +200° C and is resistant to a wide range of chemicals. Chemlube Silicone Grease is water repellent. Silicone Grease is also one of the few lubricants which will not effect natural or synthetic rubber in O-rings, seals, valves or bearings.
Silicone grease can be used in the following applications:
- Potable water approved (meets the AS/NZS 4020:2005 specification)
- MIL-S-18660 specification and is classified as FOOD GRADE (Incidental Contact) for use in food packaging / manufacturing applications
- Scuba diving equipment
- Sealing and packaging of bearings
- Rubber seals, O-rings, nuts & bolts
- Various manufacturing
- Parting agent for nuts, bolts and moulding processes.
- Sealant for gaskets.
- Electrical insulator and moisture-proof sealant in marine, aviation and automotive ignition systems.
- Laboratory glassware.
- Flashlight maintenance.
- Swimming pool equipment.
- Can be used safely on fishing tackle.
- Watch mechanisms and sealing of water proof watches.
- Remote control hobbies
- Fountain pen mechanisms
- O-rings in air rifles.
- Ideal for plumbing applications used for washers and components in water taps and is approved for use with potable water.
- Gym equipment.
- Valves, hydraulic shafts, ball and socket connections.
Chemlube Silicone Grease has a combination viscosity that makes it suitable for light, medium and heavy type applications. It may be further “thinned” if needed by dispersing the grease in solvents such as Xylene white sprit or 1,1,1 trichloroethane. Chemlube Silicone Grease meets the MIL-S-18660 specification and is classified as FOOD GRADE (Incidental Contact) for use in food packaging / manufacturing applications and meets the AS/NZS 4020:2005 specification and is classified as suitable for use in contact with drinking water.
|Product Code /
|Price - inc GST
Suggested applications of Silicone Grease
Silicone-based lubricants are often used in applications where other common consumer lubricants, such as petroleum jelly, would damage certain products, such as gaskets on dry-suits. It is used to seal and preserve O-rings in flashlights, waterproof watches, plumbing and air rifles. Silicone grease is widely used to lubricate threads of water submersible flashlights used for spearfishing and diving. This grease improves water resistance of the flashlights and protects threads from wearing out. Silicone-based lubricants are also commonly used for remote control hobbies.Silicone grease is used with waterproof devices as it has a very thick body and doesn’t dissolve in water, as most spirits and other liquids would. Various household uses include lubricating door hinges, threads on bolts, shower heads, garden hose threads or any thread or mechanism that can be lubricated. It can be used to lubricate fountain pen mechanisms. chemlube-high-temperature-silicone-grease-a_-nzs-4020_2005-potable-water