Seastar Premium Control Cable Xtreme CCX633 – Black 10 foot – 72 foot
Traditional cables vary by the stiffness of the core wire and how tightly it fits in the casing. Thus the classic trade-offs that have existed in control cable design are:
• Stiffer core/tighter fit — offers less lost motion, but is harder to move. With longer and more complex runs, cable movement becomes progressively more difficult.
• More flexible core/looser fit — has an easier feel, but has more lost motion. This approach leads to an overall sloppy feel, RPM variation or difficult gear engagement.
These trade-offs aren’t an issue with XTREME™ cables because they are different – really different XTREME’s unique design incorporates a patent-pending splined core. Ridges on the core allow a close fit with the
cable’s inner liner, but with minimum contact, so the core glides back and forth smoothly like a skater on ice.
RESULT: a control cable with easy movement AND minimum lost motion.
• Particularly suited to complex routing and longer runs
• Fits directly into SeaStar Solutions® controls and all controls that accept universal type cables
• Stainless steel and chrome brass end fittings. 10-32 UNF threads
• Nominal 75mm travel
• Flexible multi-strand galvanised steel core with splined jacket
• 100mm minimum bend radius
• Parallel lay wire strand reinforced outer jacket for superior strength and flexibility
• Suits stern drives, inboards and outboards
• Ideal for multi-station and longer run installations
• Wire strand reinforced outer jacket, 8.6mm outside diameter
CCX633 universal 3300/33 series (10-32 UNF threaded ends)
The Core Difference:
• 8.6mm Super Tough HDPE Jacket for Ultimate Protection Against the Elements
• Oil Tempered Lay Wires for Superior Strength & Performance
• UNIQUE SPLINED CORE!
• Long Wearing HDPE Liner: Ultra Smooth and Lubed for Life
Cables availbale from 10 foot to 72 Foot – SKU is 3033XX xx is the length in feet.
How to Choose the Right 3300/33C Series Cable
SeaStar Solutions® offers five models of universal 3300 series type cables, each suited to certain operating conditions and installation parameters. Below are key variables that affect how cables perform:
To choose the right 3300/33C Series Cable from SeaStar Solutions®, consider the following variables that affect cable performance:
- Backlash: The lost motion between input and output movement. Backlash results in free play felt at the control handle.
- Efficiency: The percentage of input force transmitted as output force. Higher efficiency means more force is transmitted.
- Breakaway: The force required to initiate cable motion. Excessive breakaway can lead to delayed response.
- Cable Routing: Shorter and straighter routing improves cable performance, while longer and bent routing reduces efficiency and increases breakaway and backlash.
- Environment: Harsh environments require cables with rugged construction, thicker conduits, and stainless steel fittings for longevity.
Here are the different cable types in the 33 Series:
- CC230: Good for backlash, breakaway, efficiency, long/complex routings, and harsh environments.
- CC330: Better than CC230 in backlash, breakaway, efficiency, long/complex routings, and superior in harsh environments.
- CC332: Better than CC330 in backlash, breakaway, efficiency, long/complex routings, and superior in harsh environments.
- CCX633/632: Superior to the previous cables in backlash, breakaway, efficiency, long/complex routings, and superior in harsh environments.
|33 Series Cable Type||Backlash||Break Away/Efficiency||Long/Complex Routings||Harsh Environment|