Fixtech Fix15 Black 290ML Marine Multi-Purpose Adhesive Sealant MSP15
Fix15 is a high quality single component joint sealant with high initial adhesive strength. It is based on MS Polymer®, which is chemically neutral and fully elastic with excellent primerless bonding. For use in low movement joints, adhesion and waterproofing in the construction, automotive, marine and aerospace industries where a strong bond and/or UV resistant flexible seal is required.
Multipurpose Exterior /Interior Bonding & Sealing
• All fittings, fixtures and fastenings
• UV stable, age resistant & weatherproof
• Thru hull fittings
• Primerless adhesion to many surfaces
• No bubbles for perfect finish
• Waterproof sealing and wipes
• Saves time and costs
• Paintable when wet and flow coat after 2 hours
• Bond above and below water
• High bond strength on a wide variety of substrates
• Non Yellowing white, and colourfast black
• High performance mechanical properties
• Flexible elastic rubber; movement accommodation up to 20%
• Assed under criteria of NOHSC Australia and considered as non-toxic, Certificate No.2146.
• No bubble formation within the sealant
• Primerless adhesion (except where capillary water pressure can occur)
• Easy to tool and finish
• Excellent extrudability and UV resistance
• Ecological advantages- free from isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
• Minimal health and safety considerations
• Can be wet on wet painted with all water based paints and many other systems*
• No staining of porous materials such as natural stone, granite, marble, etc.
|Consistency, Density||Stable Paste, 1.48kg/m3|
|Curing system||Moisture Cure|
|Skin Formation(*)||Approx. 15 min (23°C/ 50% R.H)|
|Tack Free Time (*)||Approx. 4 hours (23°C/ 50% R.H)|
|Cure Rate (*)||3-4mm/24hr (23°C/50%R.H)|
|Hardness||50 Shore A (DIN53505)|
|Change In Volume||<3%|
|Specific Gravity||1.55 kg/m3|
|Maximum Deformation||± 12.5%|
|Temperature Resistance (cured)||-40°C→100°C Shortly resistant up to +200°C|
|Elastic Modulus 100%||1.1 N/mm² (ISO37, DIN 53504)|
|Tensile Strength||2.9 N/mm² (ISO37, DIN 53504)|
|Elongation At Break||> 250% (ISO37, DIN53504)|
|Shear Strength:||>1.6N/mm² (ISO37, DIN 53504)|
(*) Values may vary depending on environmental conditions
- Sealing and bonding of areas with high traffic, floor joints and low movement wall joints.
- Suitable for bonding and sealing but not limited to steel, aluminium, stainless, PVC, fiberglass, concrete, composite, glass, timber, mirrors, polystyrene, rubber, PU foam, etc….
- Connection joints in sheet metal fabrication.
- Sealing and bonding of coachwork, caravans, boats, commercial ferries and ships, buses, aircraft, domestic and commercial construction.
• Good against water, aliphatic solvents, oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
• Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
• Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
Method: Manual or pneumatic caulking gun
Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C
Clean up: Methylated Spirits or industrial alcohol cleaner immediately after application and before curing
Tooling: mild diluted soapy solution (e.g. pH neutral dishwashing liquid diluted in fresh clean water), before skin formation
Health- and Safety Recommendation: Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Wear gloves . Safety Glasses.
• Fix15 may be overpainted with water based paints, however due to the large number of paints such as and not limited to 1 and 2 pack PU paints, acrylics, 2 pack varnishes that are available we strongly recommend compatibility tests before application.
• The drying time of some alkyd paint systems may increase and some enamel and oil based paints will not cure properly.
• Fix15 can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that the specific properties of substrates will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer we strongly recommend compatibility tests.
• We do not recommend the Fix15 for use in sealing exterior exposed oily wood such as teak, instead
Also available in White.
Also available is 600ml sausage – special order in.
We can also order in any Fixtech product.